Thursday, March 09, 2006

Confessions of a Hypocrit

In an attempt to stop the 'trolling' and even though I am a lapsed Catholic I must confess my sins.

Yes I have been in a Sam's club although I haven't bought much there in several years but no I do not have a Sam's Club card. I sure wish there was a Costco in P'burgh instead. Speaking of P'burgh, I probably go there 3 times a year to get my car serviced at the foreign car dealer. In the last 21 years I think I may have made two or three purchases in WalMart, probably back when Sam Walton ran the company and while he was encouraging us to buy USA. I'm really not much of a shopper and I believe that 'a want is not a need.'

As to who I am, if you feel you absolutely need to know, drop me an email. If you already know who I am (and many do), and feel the urge to 'out' me in the comments section, go ahead. For some people using personal attacks are much easier than trying to defend an argument.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really care who you are, but I do want to compliment you on your blog. It is the most comprehensive coverage of the "WalMart vs. Saranac Lake issue" in the area.

Thank you for taking the time to compile sources and make them available to the community.

Anonymous said...

I second Molly's comment - you are doing a fantasic job of chronicling this issue. Keep it up!

Adirondack Wal-Mart said...

Thank you both for your kind comments and support.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog too and read it every day. The troll is (was?) weird. Who cares if you (or anybody) buy stuff at Sam's club in Plattsburg or anywhere else. If a Walmart ever locates in Saranac lake, most of us will probably end up shopping there occasionally no matter what we think about Walmart, or Walmart in Saranac lake etc. This is not hypocracy. Walmart is both good and evil (low prices for the poor but acheived, in part, by draconian labor practices affecting the same poor). Walmart is also aesthetically repulsive and famous for sucking the oxygen out of small town businesses - further contributing to visual blight.

Adirondack Wal-Mart said...

I can pretty much guarantee I won't shop at an SL WalMart, even though I will probably end up working there as a greeter.