Friday, April 07, 2006

Wal-Mart Realty

I had no idea that Wal-Mart had their own Realty website. I like the little ads on the bottom of the page requesting you shop at Wal-Mart and Sam's. Of course not the stores that are listed for sale on the website.

Go here to see the full color pdf for the sale of the Brockport, NY Wal-Mart store. 98,578 sq ft, 13.76 acres and 360 ft wide by 269 ft deep. Maps, floor plans, population facts and all are provided. Or maybe you would prefer Geneseo, NY. I guess Geneseo got a new 204,137 square-foot Wal-Mart Supercenter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I went to college in Geneseo and it was a cute little town about the size of Saranac Lake, with most employment based at the SUNY college there. The old Walmart was already huge, I can't imagine a bigger store! And they definitely did not need a Walmart with groceries because they have a Wegmans - which is the best grocery store I've ever shopped at - well organized, clean, amazing quality and cheap prices. And Wegmans is a great place to work, I had friends that received substantial college scholarships as part time employees in high school and college - one of many benefits NOT offered by Walmart.

I am so sad that there is now a huge empty Walmart store in such a small town, and even sadder that there is a new larger store.